Cleaning laminate flooring could be problematic if you don’t know the best laminate floor cleaners. Before choosing any cleaning material for your laminate floors, read the manufacturer’s instructions. It is best to use products that are tailor-made only for use with laminate flooring.
What is a Good Laminate Floor Cleaner?
A good laminate floor cleaner is non-toxic, non-abrasive, alcohol-based preferably, and Eco-friendly. The use of water or soaking laminate flooring is totally damaging your floor. Any spillages should be immediately wiped off to avoid staining.
Laminate flooring is manufactured from wood bi-products, and some cleaners used for hardwood floors can be destructive to them. Vinegar is commonly used to clean floors, but because of its acidic nature, the floor turns dull after some time.
This flooring is a good choice for any home. It is cheap and gives a beautiful hardwood feel to your home. Keep the laminate floor clean and always maintain its shine to keep the warmth in the house.
Which are the best cleaners for laminate floors? Which is the best way to ensure that your laminate flooring maintains its shine throughout the years? What are some of the unsafe cleaning materials for your laminate flooring?
Even with the best laminate floor cleaners, you need to know how best to do it. Always protect your floor. Everybody loves a clean and healthy living space.
The Top 10 Laminate Floor Cleaners
These are the top laminate floor cleaners in 2021. The best in terms of cost and results.
Manufacturers often give detailed instructions on how to clean without damaging your floor. Some cleaners might permanently destroy your floor, and you might risk voiding your floor warranty.
1. Black diamond stoneworks wood & laminate floor cleaner.
If you are looking for a cleaner that will not leave behind streaks and dulling residues on your laminate flooring this is a perfect choice.
Black diamond stoneworks wood & Laminate floor cleaner is:
- Is non-toxic,
- effectively removes tough spills like red wine stains and oil stains.
- Requires no technical knowledge to clean. All you need to do is spray the area with the stain and thoroughly wipe it off with a microfiber cloth. You don’t need to dilute it. It comes ready to use.
- It is Children & Pet friendly
- The cleaner has no chemical odor
- Has no strong fragrance
- It is biodegradable
- The black diamond cleaner has been tested and proved that it is best for areas with high traffic.
For the best results, rinse afterward with a damp cloth to provide a streak-free shine and prevent dirt from attaching to the floor.
2. Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate floor care system
Bona floor system care kit has everything you need to clean your laminate flooring in one package. It comes packaged with a 4-piece mop handle with a 4 x 15-inch head, a microfibre easy-glide machine washable pad, a machine-washable microfibre dusting pad, and Bona’s premium non-toxic, no-residue 32-ounce stone, laminate floor cleaner spray.
This floor cleaner does not need to be diluted beforehand or rinsed after mopping. With a floor like Laminate flooring, if you want to make your cleaning routine easy owning one of these combo kit systems should be a priority.
3. Armstrong Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner
Armstrong’s hardwood and laminate cleaners are
- economical and convenient. This cleaner comes with a FREE 64-ounce (oz) refill bottle and does not need to be diluted or mixed with any other solutions. It is ready to use directly from the manufacturer.
- alcohol-based cleaner and alcohol evaporate. This makes it dry quickly leaving a nice, mild citrus fusion scent behind. Sweep, spray and mop for a streak-free and residue-free outcome every time.
- safe for use by people with kids and pets, it is pet-friendly and gets rid of foot and paw prints leaving a nice shine across the room.
- This product is made by a flooring manufacturer and it is tailor-made ensuring safety for use on your laminate flooring.
4. Shaw-R2X Hard Surface Flooring Cleaner
Shaw floors manufacture laminate flooring and this is one of their cleaning products. It removes dirt, grease, and scuffs and won’t leave a sticky residue.
Shaw recommends that it should be applied sparingly in small sections on the floor using the mist setting on the bottom. Avoid using an excess cleaner or leaving the excess cleaner on the floor.
Wipe off with a clean microfibre cloth. If you are looking for an easy way to clean and care for your floor then Shaw cleaner is the way forward.
5. Pledge Gentle Wood Floor Cleaner Spray.
- This cleaner spray has a designed formula that protects your floor’s natural finish
- Does NOT leave residue behind.
- It is streak-free and leaves a classic lemon scent with a shiny patina.
- It works great on laminate flooring and general woodwork.
- Safe to use for big jobs and big spaces
- It is safe for finished and sealed wood surfaces.
Just squirt and mop with a soft fabric cloth to bring out your floor’s natural finish.
6. Bona Hard Surface Floor Cleaner.
- It is safe and effective to use on laminate flooring.
- Bona hard surface cleaner does not require rinsing after use.
- It is streak-free and effectively removes dirt and dust leaving your floor clean and beautiful.
- The mist is fine and leaves no residue.
- Bona Hard Surface cleaner dries quickly and faster when windows are left open.
- It is formulated without dyes or scents.
- Ideal for use in homes where people are sensitive to irritants.
- Bona is certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation as safe to use.
For the best results, Combine with the Bona 3-pack microfiber cleaning pad.
7. Swiffer Wet Jet Wood Floor Mopping and Cleaning Starter kit
- It comes with 5 soft disposal cleaning pads that are very gentle on your laminate floor, 1 mop, 1 solution, and batteries.
- It has a dual nozzle sprayer which gives a powerful clean and makes it able to break and dissolve tough messes.
- The cleaning solution loosens and lifts the dirt, pulling it into the wet jet and padlocking it away for good.
- Swiffer wet jet wood floor spray mop has a flexible head that gets everywhere you can’t and is safe to use around kids.
8. Method Squirt + Mop Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- The Method squirt contains a six-pack of 25-ounce bottles of laminate and hardwood flooring cleaners.
- It is plant-based, and it has an almond fragrance that leaves your room delightfully rich and nutty.
- Easy to use, squirt and mop with your favorite microfiber cloth.
- safe for finished and sealed laminate floors.
- Method squirt is safe to use for kids and pregnant women.
9. Better Life Naturally Dirt Destroying Floor Cleaner
The Better life floor cleaner has been featured on several TV shows, including Shark Tank, Oprah, and Real Simple. If you are a fan of these shows, you are conversant with this product.
- It is plant-based making it free of dyes, synthetic fragrances sulfates, and petroleum solvents. The makers wanted to show the world that safety and performance can play together.
Their goal was to create the safest and best-performing products without compromising nature.
- Ready to use, squirt on the floor, and mop with a microfiber pad or a sponge.
- It leaves no residue and needs no rinsing after use.
- It has a citrus mint fragrance.
- Safe around pets, and kids, and is safe for the planet. Better-life products are packaged using solar energy and recyclable materials.
10. Weiman Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- The Weiman floor cleaner is plant-based
- safe to use around kids and pets.
- It is designed to leave laminate flooring without dulling and is streak-free.
- It is easy to use, spray the cleaner directly on the floor (a generous amount), and spread it evenly with a clean damp mop. For best results, finish with the Weiman high-traffic hardwood polish & restorer.
- Prevents the floor from having new scratches.
- Safe for use on sealed and finished laminate flooring.
- Weiman’s floor cleaner does a respectable job even on old, worn-out laminates.
How to effectively use laminate floor cleaners
Sweep or vacuum the floor.
Sweeping or vacuuming ensures that all the dirt and large debris are removed. Dirt trapped in between the grooves of the laminate flooring is sucked without soaking your floor in water.
Choose a vacuum cleaner that will not scratch your floor. A machine with a soft brush set to avoid scratches.
Don’t let stains sit on the floor for long.
Any spills on the floor should be wiped off immediately. This will minimize the chances of the stains being resistant. Wiping off stains with steel wool will scratch the floor.
Soak up excess spills with a dry microfibre cloth.
Choose a non-abrasive microfibre cleaning cloth.
A soft cloth ensures that your floor stays clean without being scratched and maintains your initial floor shine. A damp cloth can also be used.
When wiping use two buckets, one with clean water for rinsing and one for dirty water. The reason is, that wiping with a dirty cloth spreads dirt all over the floor.
Choose a cleaning solution.
Expensive laminate floor cleaners do not mean the best cleaners. And whatever cleaner you choose, make sure not to overuse it.
Can I use Homemade Cleaners on Laminate Flooring?
Making homemade cleaners is a cheaper way, but it is not recommended.
If you are not sure of the ingredients, stay away from homemade cleaners. Some chemicals used in the solution might be harmful to kids and pets, or even you is you use the wrong ratios to mix.
How to Protect your Laminate Flooring and Maintain
As you clean laminate floors, clean safely to protect the floor. What are the dos and don’t’s of cleaning laminate flooring?
- Avoid using steam mops, even the ones that are labeled as safe to use. In some cases, it is done as a marketing strategy.
- Do not mop the floor with water. Any water spillages are to be wiped immediately.
- Do not use excess cleaning agents/solutions on your laminate flooring. Read the manufacturers’ guide and don’t hesitate to ask any questions on how to use your product of choice.
- Use soft microfiber mops to clean. Avoid abrasive tools like steel wool or steel knives to remove stains.
- Sweep and vacuum remove large particles and dirt lodged in floor crevices.
- Do not use harsh, abrasive cleaners on your floor.
- Avoid using vinegar to clean your floor. Prolonged use leaves a dull finish on your floor.
- Clean your floor with products that are approved for cleaning laminate floors. If you’re not sure which cleaning product is safe consult your floor manufacturer.
Verdict: Consult with the manufacturers of Laminate floorings to get the best cleaners. There’s a wide range of laminate flooring and some cleaning products might work best for one and not do good for the other.
How to Choose the Best Laminate Floor Cleaners
Some cleaners may contain chemicals that may seem harsh to your laminate if not chosen carefully.
The choice of the cleaning solution is determined by those who occupy the space you need to apply. Some cleaners have chemicals that might cause harm to kids and pets. Some contain chemicals that might be allergic to some people or people who are asthmatic.
It is key to choosing an eco-friendly solution to clean your floor.
Even with the best cleaners, listed above, it is important to understand how best to apply them. It is key to choosing a good tool to clean your areas. Avoid tools that may damage your laminate flooring.
With all the guidelines above and the list of the top ten best laminate floor cleaners, I am sure now you can be able to wisely choose a cleaner that best suits your laminate flooring and one that does a great job maintaining your floor’s natural look and shine.